Wednesday 29 February 2012

Sponge

No I’m not referring to ‘sponge’ as the cleaning utensil I unfortunately use to wipe up revolting leftovers and mess left by ungrateful, wasting lovely customers. I’m referring to it, as what I am. You’re probably assuming that I’m a deranged weirdo because I’m referring to myself at a ‘sponge’. But no, wait, don’t assume things.

I’m referring to myself as a sponge because over the last four weeks I have learned so many new things regarding business. It’s like I am absorbing all that I am being taught and actually remembering it. Unlike school where you forget everything immediately after you take the first step out of the stuffy, resented class room that has tortured you for many years.

It’s a different felling when you’re studying for something you actually want to do, rather than just studying. Maybe that’s why I have more incentive to actually look at the slave labour assignments that I have to work on at home my homework. The atmosphere at TAFE is immensely different from that at school, a diverse group of people are here doing the exact same thing as me. Yay people that can actually help, and make the course a little bit more interesting!

Another fortunate difference is the lovely ladies who have wound up with a crazy, unorganised lazy student. So I’m not that bad, but still. The lecturers are here to help! They teach things in ways I understand and explain things again when the first time my brain was distracted thinking about the dress I just purchased.

Who knew learning could be made pleasant and easy, especially by the resources and people around you. I like coming to TAFE, it means I’m not at home adding countless calories to a body that doesn’t need it, and it also means that I’m not at work slaving away at a hot sink or serving people that are clearly coming late just so I have to be there all night.

I’m enjoying the life off a sponge; the hours of mental exercise will give me a big shining certificate… which will hopefully get me a big shiny job which leads to nothing other than lots of shiny MONEY.



…Everything is better when its shiny…

No comments:

Post a Comment